Portland Art Group

4:00 PM


I haven't been super productive this week. I've been feeling super tired and not very motivated. I did finish this wolf painting. It measures 8x10" and is painted using gouache paint on Arches Cover Cream paper.


I got this painting on Mt Hood finished too. I almost scrapped this at the beginning stages. I really wasn't happy with the sky or the tree line. I kept at it and I ended up really like it in the end. This one also measures 8x10" and I've used gouache paint on Arches Cover Cream paper. 


Thursday I spent the afternoon hanging out with some fellow illustrators up at The Portland International Rose Test Garden. Marika Paz, Nicole Gustafsson of NimaSprout, Cate Anevski of Bees Knees Industries, Zoe Keller and Alissa Thiele have been meeting up at least once a month for the past year. We talk mostly about business but our conversations also include politics, babies (Marika is expecting and Cate regularly brings her little with her) and life in general. 


It's been a great way to get out of the house and talk to other women about problems we're having with work, or tips on new products and upcoming craft fairs. We're still trying to think of a name for our group, but we haven't landed on a great one yet.

Thursday was really great. The weather was perfect for wandering around the rose garden taking photos and talking about work. The roses were out in full force looking beautiful in bloom. When I lived in Northwest I'd head up here to go for a run. 


Hope everyone is having a great weekend! 












You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts