Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017

7:27 AM

A run in the park last week.

The end of 2016 is here. Many called this year the worst year ever. Some referred to it as a giant dumpster fire. This wasn't a great year for me. Mostly because Chloe had so many health problems. I feel like I spent most of my at the vet and sitting beside myself with worry. 
On top of that America, or should I say Russia, elected a cowardly man who thinks he can bring jobs back to a nation that has computerized almost all aspects of those occupations.

Coal? Really? You really want to go back to working in a coal mine? Really? 
How are you going to pay for your black lung with limited or no health insurance?

Anyway, despite a sick dog, the election of a narcissistic asshole and the deaths of countless artists/actors 2016 wasn't a total washout, at least for me.

Me at mile 26!
I started running again! Whoohoo! I ran a marathon, in the pouring rain, on 2 hours of sleep (thanks anxiety!) and I made a new personal record, I beat my previous time by 30 minutes! It was really awesome and unlike the last marathon I ran, I ran it injury free. I was a lot smarter this time around, and when I would feel the slightest pain, I would back off, rest or head to the gym for strength training instead of  running. Running this last marathon made me feel really proud of myself, something I haven't felt in a long time.

This little cutie came down for a cucumber snack.

2016 was also the year I got to pet sloths! Nate took me to an animal sanctuary for my birthday where we got to pet and feed sloths. It was one of the best presents I've ever received. It was something that I will never forget. I hope to one day travel to South America to see and pet more.

Oregon Wine Country

On top of those highlights we drank good wine, had a visit from Nate's parents, went camping and got to see a Mariner's game in Seattle. Overall, 2016 wasn't so bad for me. I'm looking forward to 2017 with caution. Let's hope it's a good year for everyone!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts