Mother's Day

2:29 PM

Me and my mom.

Whew. Mother's Day. It's such a loaded holiday. For a lot of people it's a pretty cool day. A fun way to celebrate the moms in your life. If you're a mom, it's a nice day to hang out with your family and go to brunch. 

For those of us who aren't close to our moms, or even have a mom that passed away, it can be really tough. For me, it brings up a lot of emotions and memories. My mother and I aren't close, and we have a very complicated relationship. I mostly just try hiding as best as I can when this weekend rolls around, but it can be really hard to avoid. 

If you're someone like me who dreads Mother's Day, you're not alone. There are a lot of people who share the same feelings towards the holiday. 

All that being said, I really wanted to share with you the latest Advice from Mom podcast! 


The first letter comes from a daughter and her relationship with her mother. It reminded me a lot about my own relationship with my mom. The advice that was given had some really great insight to how I approach my mother, and why it doesn't work. It also helped me see that not only do I do that with my mom, but I tend to do that with other people that I want to "help." Acceptance is not always easy, but most of the time, it's all we can really do. 

Also on this episode was advice from my partner's mom, Mary Lynn! I was so excited to hear that she was going to be on this podcast. It was really cool to hear her voice, as well as her advice to a family who had a question regarding school and religion. She's a smart lady, with great insight, and I'm not just saying that I swear.

If you'd like to listen to it you can do so right here:


Hope you have a great weekend regardless of what your stance is on Mother's Day! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts