Happy Dogs

1:58 PM


Given the current campaign for president and the shootings that took place in Orlando last week, I've been feeling emotionally and physically drained. 

I haven't been focusing very well with my work and I've been finding it hard to get much done. It's taken a lot of effort from me not to curl up on the couch in a fetal position. So, yesterday I took a little break from what I should have been working on (portrait painting) and sat down to work on something really fun.


These little dogs are what came from that. Drawing and painting these little dudes seriously put a smile on my face. When I painted that little tongue hanging out of the Brussels Griffon, I literally chuckled out loud.

They're pretty silly and don't make a ton of sense and I really love that about them. 

I'm feeling much better today. I was able to sit down and bust out a ton of work. So, maybe if you're feeling a little overwhelmed and saddened by current events, doing something similar for yourself might be helpful.

Don't forget to take care of yourself, especially right now. 
<3 <3 <3 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts