Orlando

5:06 PM


By now we've all heard the news about Orlando. We've all said our thoughts on Facebook and changed our profile pictures. We've said what we've had to say on Twitter and on various blogs. For me, most of my friends and followers are stricken with sadness and anger and frustration. I'm all those things too.

I just don't know what to say about things like this anymore. Sometimes I feel like saying nothing on social media is best for me. I feel like maybe those who follow me and who are my friends already know that I'm heart broken about the situation. I know for many people it's a showing of solidarity and mourning by posting their thoughts and memes on social media, but for me silence and reflection work best.

It's been more than 24 hours since this horrific act of violence has happened. I've had a chance to process it. I still don't have the words to express my grief, sadness, frustration and anger. I know this will happen again. I know that the chances of even more lives are greater now. I know that processing this kind of act is something that we will all have to live through again and again because it doesn't seem like any real changes are being done to stop it.

I feel like all I can do right now is hope that it doesn't hit too close to home...

I will always choose love over hate. 

xoxoxoxoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts