The Sometimes Frustrating Process of Oil Painting

3:45 PM


I am really struggling with this painting.


I have been working on it for a couple of months now and I just can't seem to get it right.


this is the picture that I'm working from. It's my friend Amy. I think the shadows are really throwing me off.


This is what I did yesterday and today. Her face is still way too dark but I feel like the sweater and the cat are going along really well. I know I'll get it right. I just have to make my brain not think about it so much. 

It's seeing one thing, but painting something different. 
It's been a very frustrating process, but I know it's teaching me a lot about my work and painting...

I just hope I can get it right soon!

Happy Monday, folks. Hope it was a good one!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts