Music and Art

3:08 PM


Things got kinda crazy busy last week and I didn't get a chance to post about two commission pieces that I finished up. The one above is for a custom postcard for someone.


This one is of a sweet dog named Rupert. Sadly he was hit by a car a few months ago. Friends of his owner commissioned me to paint him for them... Such a sad story. I hope this brought a little sunshine into their lives. 

I've been mostly working on wholesale orders and taking care of myself this week. I had that tooth pulled out on Tuesday and it's been rather uncomfortable and a bit gross. I'm glad they gave me some painkillers to help deal with it. Take care of your teeth, people. Having to have them pulled out is really no fun. The only upside to this whole thing is that I got to eat ice cream for dinner and binge watch The Crown on Netflix without feeling too guilty.

I'm heading back to the dentist on Tuesday to see about getting a fake tooth, possibly a bridge. I'm hoping whatever it is we decide on, that it's not too painful.

I want to talk about what's going on with the current administration but I don't even know where to start. Banning Muslims? Really? Booting press out of your press conferences? Really? Putting Steve Bannon on the principles committee of the National Security Council. Wow. I feel like everyday Trump tries to outdo himself on the wtf scale of the previous day. 

Henry, you are so right.
Needless to say, punk has been on heavy rotation for me this week. Here's my playlist in case you'd like to join in with me.


Buzzcocks - What Do I Get?
The Clash - I'm So Bored with the USA
X - Soul Kitchen
The Descendants - I'm the One
The Ramones - Do You Wanna Dance
Black Flag - Gimmie Gimme Gimme
Bratmobile - Cherry Bomb
Bikini Kill - Carnival
Stiff Little Fingers - Suspect Device
Patti Smith - Gloria
The Clash - Clampdown
Velvet Underground - Sunday Morning
The Damned - Neat Neat Neat
Stiff Little Fingers - Gotta Getaway
Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love 
X - The World's a Mess

Art and music are what is going to get me through the next four years. 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts