Hello!

4:54 PM


Hello! It's me. I've been away. I feel like I had to take a break from the internet for awhile. Plus, I've just been really busy with painting and custom work. But, here I am. Alive and doing somewhat ok.
I got a new "tooth." It's more like a retainer with a tooth where my missing tooth is. I very much dislike it. I was hoping that it would be awesome and I wouldn't want to get the tooth implant, but it's not awesome, at all. I have to pop it out and clean it quite a bit because it gets food stuck in it. It also gives me a slight speech impediment when I talk. It also feels really weird when I eat. It's not ideal, but I don't feel as self conscious out in public, so there's that.



I think I'm almost done with this portrait series. I may end up doing some etchings because I thought of kind of cool idea and I'd like to try it. But, as far as the paintings go, I think I'm officially done. I'm really happy with how they turned out. I'm in contact with the person who runs the Upper Playground Gallery in downtown Portland, so I'm hoping to get a show there next year.

As much as painting some of those backgrounds made me want to stab my eyes out, I kinda miss painting them. I might return to that again in the future. It could be very relaxing once I got a rhythm going. I also discovered the world of podcasts and really enjoyed binge listening to several series. Mostly true crime podcasts. Some of my favorites are:

and

In other news, Chloe had to be hospitalized last month. She started to regurgitate and she couldn't stop. It was very worrisome and stressful. Her vets think that she might have Inflammatory Bowel Disease or she might have Lymphoma. She goes in for some blood work on Thursday and another x-ray type test. We'll find more answers then. As of right now, she's doing great. Let's hope she stays that way.

Needless to say, with that and what's going on in the world, I've been pretty depressed and anxious. The non stop rain and grey weather we've been having hasn't been much help. I do love this weather, but I think I've got some seasonal affect disorder going on. 

I think a little sunshine and working out in the yard would be a huge help to me. Mowing the grass, digging in the dirt and feeling the sun on my face sounds so good right now. We're not due for sunshine for quite some time according to my weather app, so I'm just going to have to hold out for a little while longer. 

Hopefully the sun will come out and Chloe will be okay, sooner than later. In the meantime I'm going to try to take a few naps, go to bed early, make some art and go to the gym. 







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts