I'm Back!

1:37 PM

Flying into Salt Lake. I'm not sure what these are but they reminded me of an abstract painting.


I've been on vacation for a little over a week now, but today I'm back!

Nate and I traveled to Salt Lake City to visit his family. It was a great trip. Salt Lake City is an interesting. We did a little exploring.


We wandered around downtown Salt Lake and discovered quite a few vintage shops and this cool book store. This is a picture of the outside. These shutters open up and a bookshelf with dollar books is available for anyone to pick up and pay inside. I suppose they rely on honest people for this system. I like it.
Inside the bookstore

Fairy Falls


Back home in Oregon Nate and I took Chloe for what we thought was going to be an easy 5 mile hike. We didn't realize that the first 2 miles were all up hill. Poor Chloe. Luckily it was a cool day, so she didn't get too hot, but she was panting and slowing down quite bit by the time we got to the top.

The hike back down was a lot easier and she got a second wind! The total hike was 5.5 miles and she was quite the trooper. People kept asking how she was fairing and were amazed to find out she had hikes over 5 miles!

Go Blazers!

Sunday was Fan Fest at the Rose Garden. The seating was free and first come, first serve. So Nate and I got there about an hour before the doors opened. I think the wait was worth it! We got some great seats and I'm not sure we'll ever be able to afford them so it was a treat. The Blazers played each other in a scrimmage and it was a lot of fun to watch the new team.

Vacation is officially over and there's a lot to do! I'm happy to be back and I'm really happy to be writing in this new blog!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts