Hello There

8:31 AM


I haven't been ignoring my blog this week, I promise. After what happened in Paris on Friday I just wasn't really sure what to write about. I felt silly writing about the work I was making and I just couldn't seem to write anything about the attacks that I felt okay about.

It's a complicated subject and the complications are such that they will most likely never be solved. What happened was a tragedy and a nightmare. The attacks in Lebanon and Beirut were also horrific. I have no words to say that will help with either events.

I just don't understand. I don't understand how people can be so unwilling to forgive, let go and to be willing to kill for what they believe is right. I just can't comprehend that. Be angry, be upset, be whatever it is that makes you feel, but why kill? Why take people's lives? It just makes no sense to me.

Maybe it's because I'm a white American girl that I don't understand.

Anyway, I had written 3 blog posts on this subject and none of them felt like they really held up to all of the sadness and confusion that I feel, and I'm sure many other people feel as well.

I'm just a white American lady, without any answers or true insight, but I know that my heart hurt when I heard about Paris. My heart continues to hurt for the Syrian refugees and the Muslim people, who don't wish any harm on anyone, but are being shunned regardless.

After 9/11, like the day after, I was driving to work, stuck in traffic, listening to the radio and John Lennon's "Imagine" started playing. It's such a fitting song for all days, but especially after such tragic losses. Sometimes the works, and words, of writers and artists, are the best things for me to turn to when events like this happen.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts