Thanks.

2:13 PM


This is a picture of my dad and I. I think it was taken sometime in 1987 or 1988, making me about seven or eight. I'm pretty sure he had just come back from being out to sea for a 6 month tour. That was about the only time my sisters and I would get dressed up to go see our dad.

It was tough having a dad in the Navy. I think it's tough for any kid who has a parent in the military. They're gone a lot. My dad missed the day I was born, plus countless birthdays, plays, performances and sports events. 

I went to school with a lot of other military kids, so I didn't feel so alone in that regard, but it was still hard sometimes. I know my dad served not only for his county but for us too. He joined the military because he knew it would help him support his family. It wasn't always easy, but life generally isn't. 

Thanks Dad. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts